Official Sweepstakes Rules
English | Français
1. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States (including U.S. Territories and military personnel stationed abroad) who are 18 or older on the date of entry and legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry in the Contest. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Bombardier Recreational Products (“BRP”), J.D. Power and Associates and their affiliated companies and subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. Sweepstakes starts March 2, 2011 8:00am and ends February 29, 2012 11:59pm (Pacific Time).
2. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes. No purchase necessary. It is not necessary to complete a Survey to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Completing the survey does not improve your chances of winning.
a) To enter by completing the Survey: Surveys are available by calling 1-800-587-4936 or 1-800-323-4236, or by visiting www.brp.jdpower.com to those BRP customers who are sent a unique entry code. By completing the survey in its entirety (either online or via phone), you will be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes. You may enter one (1) additional time via mail. Internet entries received other than through the survey URL are invalid. Phone entries received other than through the survey toll free number are invalid.
Survey must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on February 29, 2012.
b) To enter without completing the Survey: Neatly hand print your full name, address (including zip/postal code), telephone number (including area code), birth date plus an active e-mail address on a 3" x 5" card and mail it in a #10 business size envelope to:
J.D. Power and Associates
Attention: Sweepstakes Entry BRP CSI_3 (#4366)
2625 Townsgate Road, Suite 100
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Mail entries must be postmarked by February 29, 2012 and received by J.D. Power and Associates by March 15, 2012.
c) Only one (1) e-mail address or valid, verifiable, mailing address, whichever is applicable per entrant and only one entrant per e-mail address or valid, verifiable, mailing address, whichever is applicable. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address indicated in the entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the person who is assigned to an e-mail account by an Internet Service Provider or has a valid, verifiable, mailing address, whichever is applicable. No person may submit more than a total of two (2) Sweepstakes entries, regardless of method of entry. Submitting more than two (2) Sweepstakes entries in total (including electronically submitted entries, phone submitted entries, and entries submitted by mail) constitutes a violation of the rules and automatically disqualifies the person so acting from the Sweepstakes.
d) No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries are allowed.
3. Neither BRP nor J.D. Power and Associates is responsible for: (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due, illegible, garbled or inaudible entries; or (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient. Incomplete, non-conforming or illegible or inaudible entries will be disqualified. Sweepstakes materials void if reproduced, forged, damaged, altered or tampered with in any way, if they are obtained outside authorized legitimate channels, or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors. Multiple entries processed by scripting, computerization, and other mechanical means or otherwise not in compliance with Official Rules will be disqualified.
4. There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of a $5,000 check (currency will be dependent upon residency of the winner – U.S. residents will receive $5,000 USD and Canadian residents will receive $5,000 CAD). Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitutes. J.D. Power and Associates reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. The drawing for the prize will take place on or about March 30, 2012. Winner to be determined in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by J.D. Power and Associates, whose decisions are final on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize in the random drawing depends on the total number of qualified entries received. All entries become the property of J.D. Power and Associates and none will be returned.
6. BRP and J.D. Power and Associates may withdraw, amend or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time or any reason without prior notice but subject to applicable laws. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Internet or phone portion of the program is not executed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of BRP or J.D. Power and Associates that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, BRP and J.D. Power and Associates reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in its entirety. If this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, BRP and J.D. Power and Associates reserve the right to stop accepting all entries and to select winners for the prize by random drawing from among all entries received, including all those received via mail.
7. Winner will be notified by mail or e-mail on or about five (5) days after the drawing. The winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (to be determined by random draw from the remaining eligible entries). In the event that a Canadian resident is selected as the winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer, unaided, an arithmetical, time-limited, skill testing question (which will be administered by mail or e-mail). Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions allowed. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each prize winner.
8. By entering, winners consent to the use of their names, place of residence, photographs, likenesses and/or biographical information for advertising and promotion purposes in any and all media without limitation and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. By entering, unless prohibited by law, participants agree that BRP, J.D. Power and Associates, their affiliated companies and subsidiaries, their respective officers, directors, employees and retailers shall have no liability in connection with the acceptance or use of the prizes awarded. Entrants also agree that the companies participating in the Sweepstakes are not responsible or liable for any damage to an entrant's or third party's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
10. To be notified of the Prize Winner: please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business size envelope postmarked by March 30, 2012 to:
J.D. Power and Associates
Attention: Sweepstakes Results BRP CSI_3 (#4366)
2625 Townsgate Road, Suite 100
Westlake Village, CA 91361
11. For access to full contest rules online, please visit http://www.jdpower.com/brp3rules. If you would like to receive these rules by mail please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business size envelope to the above noted address.
12. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
13. Québec Contestants: In Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.